ME & THE BABE
We’re all a little congested right now. Perhaps it’s the weather?
My diet hasn’t been perfectly paleo, but more like 75%/25%. I know that many hate looking at percentages. I’ve been eating lots of animal sources of saturated fat, animal proteins from good sources (grass-fed, pastured, humanely raised), lots of veggies of different colours, lots of organ means, and lacto-fermented veggies (sauerkraut); but I’ve also included corn and rice, some processed foods, and full-fat dairy (some raw!). Honestly, it’s difficult to make a meal quickly that you don’t have to cook or babysit. I need to meal plan better.
We haven’t started Olivia on solid foods yet, but I’ll try to remember to document the experience and post it here when we have.
I went to CrossFit on Saturday, as per normal.
Here’s the WOD:
- 3 Rounds each of: 30 Seconds on;15 Seconds rest- Hand Stand Shoulder Tap/Jump Squat
- Push Press- 5/5/5/5/5 @ 70% 1RM (15 Minute Cap)
- 4 RFT of: 10 K.B. Goblet Squat(HAP)/9 Ring Push Up/8 T2B
Here’s what I did:
- 3 Rounds each of: 30 Seconds on;15 Seconds rest – Hand Stand with Alternating Hand Release
- Push Press – 5/5/5/5/5 at 50# (which was Rx)
- 4 RFT of : 10 KB Goblet Squat (26#)/9 Mod Push Ups / 8 Leg Raises (from floor)
I’m planning to continue doing one CrossFit class a week until I feel like my sleep is under control enough to do two classes. I haven’t been doing the kettle bells at home in the last few weeks (since I went to Canada!) but I plan to incorporate those again.
Here’s a photo!