Not getting enough sleep. Eating too much chocolate.
Her sleep schedule is solidifying! She’s been “sleeping through the night” for weeks now, but her day time naps hadn’t organized really. She’s done a good morning naps for a few weeks but her afternoon naps were scattered and sparse. But NOW!! It might have been a Norwegian friend’s mention of how in Norway all the children take their naps outside prompting me to set up Olivia for her nap in the swing facing the open window or she just might have been ready, but she has taken two solid naps each day for the last 10 days. They’re averaging 2 hours. The morning nap is usually longer and the afternoon nap usually shorter. The other thing that might have helped is that it occurred to me to nurse her before her afternoon nap. Because she was ready for her midday awake time to stretch out to 3 hours. Whatever it was, I’m so enjoying the routine!
- Awake ~ 7:30 – 8:15 am
- 1st Nap ~ 10:00 am
- Awake ~ 12:30 – 1:00 pm
- 2nd Nap ~ 4:00 pm
- Awake ~ 5:30 pm
- Bedtime ~ 7:30 pm (asleep by 8:00 or 8:15 pm)
Isn’t that awesome!?
I went to CrossFit on Saturday. It was my first workout in five weeks (except for one kettlebell workout in Canada). Boy was it rough.
Here’s the WOD:
- 400M Farmers Walk (20×2/16x2kg)
- Pause Front Squat- 2/2/2/2/2/2/2 (70-85%) 3 Second Hold at The Bottom; 2 Min Rest Between Sets
- For Time: 25 each side Sand Bag Get Up (40/20)
- 3 Rounds of: 45 Seconds each Max Reps HandStand Shoulder Taps; 1 Minute Rest Between Rounds
Here’s what I did…
- 400m Farmers Walk => 12kg/26lbs x 2 unbroken / 5:11
- Pause Front Squat => (WU 2×35, 2×45) 2×50, 2×55, 2×65, 2×70, 2×75, 80F, 80F, 1×75
- Med Ball Get Ups 15# => 20 each side; 15 min
- Handstand Hold
This was my first time *ever* getting through a set of any kind of Get Ups, turkish or otherwise. I’d never done them before I got pregnant, and couldn’t do them while I was pregnant, and I’ve had difficulty doing them since giving birth because of … well, birth. But TODAY! Today, I could do them. YAY! Victory!
And then I did a handstand hold. I have no idea how long it was for…
Haven’t changed the organization of my posts yet. I’m kinda stuck on posting my “weekly” WOD. I’ll get around to doing that, I promise. Chao!