I’m almost back to normal. I still have some ‘extra skin’ on my belly and some beautiful tiger stripes. I earned those! The little ache in my crotch is still there sometimes, depending on what I’m doing and how I’m moving.
I had my 6 week postpartum check-up with my midwife this past week! She checked my bits and everything looks normal. My one stitch is almost perfectly healed and everything else looks normal. She checked my abs and said that while they’re not all the way back in place, they’re doing really well. She cleared me for CrossFit! You can read about my first two CF workouts below!
She is squishy and beautiful. She’s only 7 weeks old but she’s so TALL that she’s started to grow out of a few of her 3 month sleepers! Our two month check up is in two weeks. Can’t wait to see how she’s doing!
Her sleep is still a little disorganized. It mostly occurs between midnight and noon, but it’s not consistent. The longest sleep section occurs just after midnight for between 3.5 and 5.5 hours. We’ve gotten 6 hours only twice. We’re currently sleeping in the same room as her but she’s in her own crib. Because she’s such a noisy sleeper, we’re thinking of moving back into our own room (we’ve been sleeping on the futon in her room). This week she’s stopped going right back to sleep after she’s nursed. It’s been kind of exhausting.
The cradle cap is still there and the coconut oil helped a little. But I’ve decided to let it resolve on it’s own. Her baby acne is pretty much gone now.
Wednesday, May 30
Here the WOD:
- 5 Min Hip Mobility
- 20 Min AMRAP of: 200MM.B.Run/12 Wall Ball(20/14)/6 Plyo Push Ups (on medicine ball)
- TGU- 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1 each (Max Effort)
- Back Extension- 10/10/10
- 5 min him mobility
- 20 min AMRAP of: 200M MB run / 12 wall ball (12) / 6 mod push ups => 4 rnds + run + 6 w.b.
- Pelvic Tilts: 10/10/10
- Back Extension: 10/10/10
- I stretched the cartilage in the middle of my pelvic bone during labour
- My abs are still not completely back in place yet
Saturday, June 2
Here’s the WOD:
- Row 3 minutes @ 90% RPE
- Power Clean- 3/3/3/3/3 65-85% 1RM
- Tabata- Burpees
- 21/15/9 RFT of: M.B. Clean Wall Ball (20/14)/Strict Chin Ups
- WU: 400m run => 2:54
- Power Cleans => 3×70, 75, 75, 80, 80
- Burpee Tabata => 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 24
- 21-15-9 of med.ball cleans + chin ups => 11:38
My “leg-amints” are still a little weak and stretchy. Running is slow.
The power cleans were not 85% of my last 1RM which was 110. But hey, I’ve not done them in two months. Coach Tami said my bar-path was straight. Yay! I’d been worried about that since I’d been maneuvering it around my baby belly.
For the 21-15-9, I used the 12# ball. Felt strong on the wall balls. I felt weak as hell on the chin ups. Used a green band and a little jump too. Ugh.
And even with the band and little jump, my arms were sore for THREE DAYS after this workout!
After my first two workouts back at CrossFit, I feel strong. I’d been out for two months, basically, and so obviously, there’d be losses and no gains. But it’s interesting where the losses have been.
- CORE STRENGTH: Obviously, my core is still working it’s way back to “flat.”
- ARM STRENGTH: I didn’t anticipate the weakness in my arms. I thought my legs would be weaker, but they still seem strong.
- LEG LIGAMENTS: My ligaments near my crotch are still rather sore and loose. I wonder if that’s from pregnancy or specifically from labour. It makes running difficult.
- PELVIC GIRDLE PAIN: Very mild. But it does have an effect on my mobility.
So I’m going to continue at CrossFit but take it slow.