This is a series on being a pregnant paleo/primal Crossfitter. I found out that I was pregnant in August 2011. My due date is in April 2012. I post each week about my Crossfit workouts, what I’m eating and various pregnancy symptoms. Just because I can do it, doesn’t mean you should do it; but you can use my blog as research for your own prescription!
At 31 weeks, I’m sleeping less now. Either the babe wakes me because of movement or because of the movement I’m more aware of my need to pee, I get woken up and stay awake. Thankfully, I’m able to nap at will, so I’ve been making good use of our lovely leather love seat during the day. I’ve started also having pain in my hips when I wake up. They tell me this is normal.
At 31 weeks, I’m still eating liverwurst, braunschweiger, grass-fed nitrate-free beef hot dogs, grass-fed ground beef, compassionately-raised pork, sustainable and low-mercury fish, antibiotic-free chicken, and the occasional compassionately-raised duck. As far as veggies go, I’m trying to follow the Whole 9 seasonal veggie guidelines. I include limited rice, corn and potato in my diet when I’m super hungry. I’m starting to have way less room for food and really becoming convinced that I have low stomach acid – something for which I am grateful during my pregnancy, but will seek to address after I’ve delivered the babe.
I’m still taking my Vitamin D, Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil capsules, Enzymes, Probiotics and an occasional dose of prenatal vitamins.
February 7, 2011
Here’s today’s WOD:
- For Time: Row 500M
- OHS: 3/3/3/3/3 (Max Effort)
- 6 RFT of: 1 Rope Climb / 2 Wall Walk / 3 Broad Jump / 4 Plate Burpees (45/25) / 5 Plate Push Press (25/45)
- 500m row => 2:12 PR!
- OHS 5×3 => WU@35, 45, 55, 65 (fail on 3rd), 65, 75 F, 70
- 6 RFT of: 1 Strict Pull-up (Green Band) / 2 KB Row w/ 12kg / 3 Walking Lunges / 4 Baby Burpees / 5 Plate Push Press w/ 25# => 11:10
Re the rowing PR… I wish I knew why this keeps happening. Perhaps being pregnant is just good for rowing? Will my times go back up after April? We shall see… Regardless. Happy for the PR.
Re the Met Con… I still think 1 strict pull-up is hardly a fair replacement for a rope climb. I’m willing to do 3-5 reg pull-ups or ring rows as a replacement. But as they say in Newfoundland, “What odds!” I did four rounds with strict plate presses until Coach Tami reminded me it was supposed to be push presses. Oops!
February 9, 2012
Here’s today’s WOD:
- Run 800M or Row 1K
- DeadLift – 5@50%/3@70%/2@80%/1@90% of 1 RM
- 3 Rounds of – 1 min Max Effort: Hang Power Clean/Push Jerk(65/95); 1 min rest between efforts (5 Burpee Penalty every time the bar touches the floor during round)
- 1000m row => 4:40
- Dead Lifts => (WU 5×45) 5×95, 3×130, 2×150, 1×165
- 3 rounds of: 1 min max reps power clean/push jerk @ 55# / 1 min rest => 8 / 10 / 8
- KB Swings (American-style) w/ 15#
- R-Arm Plank Row w/ 15#
- L-Arm Plank Row w/ 15#
- KB High Pull w/ 25#
- Goblet Squats w/ 25#
Here’s a photo!!