This is a series on being a pregnant paleo/primal Crossfitter. I found out that I was pregnant in August 2011. My due date is in April 2012. I post each week about my Crossfit workouts, what I’m eating and various pregnancy symptoms. Just because I can do it, doesn’t mean you should do it; but you can use my blog as research for your own prescription!
At 23 weeks, I’m starting to have discomfort while trying to sleep (because the belly is getting bigger?). I feel like a giant sack of potatoes in bed. I basically lie on my left side until about 4 am and then switch to my right side for the remainder of the night, which makes me really stiff! But at least I’m getting sleep!!
Still feeling fatigued around 9 pm. Enzymes have really helped with constipation which is almost gone. But yesterday I ran out of enzymes! So I have to buy more. In case anybody is wondering which enzymes I’m taking, here they are:
I get nothing for posting that. I just wanted to share.
I got mildly dizzy once after a workout this week but I think it was because I stood up too fast after sitting down after it. Or it could have been the movement itself (ball slams). Either way, I was fine after a minute of sitting. My boobies are still mildly sore. They haven’t really changed much since the first trimester (and I understand that that is normal).
The babe is still bouncing around in there! Is my babe more active than others’? My nurse said that at this stage of my pregnancy I should count at least 3 kicks in the hour after I eat. I usually lose count somewhere around 15 to 20 kicks.😉
Had mild nausea once this past week. Not sure why. But it passed quickly.
At 23 weeks, because I’m feeling fatigued, I’ve found myself craving comfort foods (like potato chips and mac ‘n’ cheese). I’ve also been craving organ meats. And I got my order from U.S. Wellness Meats fast like whoa last week! I’ve been eating liverwurst and braunschweiger for *every* lunch this week, with some raw cheese, sauerkraut, cranberries, olive oil and vinegar. YUM! It makes me happy every time. I’m still taking Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil capsules, Vitamin D, Enzymes, Probiotics and an occasional dose of prenatal vitamins.
December 14, 2011
Here’s the WOD:
- For Time: 50 Air Squats/50Double Unders/50 Super Mans
- 5 minutes Hip/Shoulder Mobility
- Sots Press – 5/5/3/3/1/1 (Max Effort)
- 18/16/14/12/10/8/6/4/2 RFT of: Ball Slams(15/20lbs)/Plyo Push Ups/Flutter Kick (3 count)
- For Time: 50 air squats / 50 jumping jacks / 50 good mornings w/ 15# bar => 4:59
- SOTS Press: 5×12, 5×15, 3×20, 3×25, 1×30, 1×35 (PR!)
I guess we can call that a PR. I’d never done it before! Ha!
- 18/16/14/12/10/8/6/4/2 RFT of: Ball Slams (15#) / Scaled Ring Push Ups / Cat-Cows (3-count hold) => 15:00
I was dizzy at the end of the Met Con but my heart rate was only 120. Coach Dan and I think it was because of the ball slams – both the motion of them and the shear number of them.
December 16, 2011
Here’s today’s WOD:
- 400m Farmers Walk (24/40kg= 12/20kg each hand)
- 5 min Hip/Shoulder Mobility
- DeadLift- 1/1/1/1/1 (Max Effort)
- 20 min AMRAP of: Run 200M/20DeadLift (95/135lbs)/Max Effort StictChin Up/10 each KettleBell Snatch(12/20kg) score=# of rounds + # of Chin Ups
Here’s what I did…
- 400m Farm Walk => 5:11 Rx
- Dead-lifts: (WU 5×45, 3×75, 1×95) 1×115, 1×135, 1×155, 1×175, Fx190, Fx185
My previous 1RM on the Dead-lift on 10/31 was 185#. I feel like I could have gotten 180#, but didn’t want to push it.
- 20 min AMRAP => 4 rounds, 7 chin-ups
I did the prescribed run. Dead-lifts were at 65#. Chin-ups were with green band. KB Snatch were with 8kg/18# bells.
My heart-rate got up to 150 a few times during the MetCon but dropped to 110 within 60 seconds after finishing. So I’m confident that my perceived exertion was right on.
It felt good to run.
December 17th, 2011
I went for a 3/4 mile jog this morning. Felt good. Baby feels secure still.
Here’s two belly photos!