This is a series on being a pregnant paleo/primal Crossfitter. I found out that I was pregnant in August 2011. My due date is April 2012. I post each week about my Crossfit workouts, what I’m eating and various pregnancy symptoms. Just because I can do it, doesn’t mean you should do it; but you can use my blog as research for your own prescription!
At 8 weeks, my nausea has increased more. I’m still not throwing up; but it is ever more unbearable. Fatigue has increased too. Constipation, sore breasts and vivid dreams are continuing. Boo.
So I’ve noticed that I feel worse when I keep my carbs in the low range. So I’ve upped my carbs to moderate and that has helped my nausea. I’m eating more potatoes but I think I’m going to start getting sick of potatoes. So I’ve added corn and rice products. Don’t hate.
August 30, 2011 – 8 Weeks
This was the WOD:
- For Time: 100 Double Unders
- 12/9/6 RFT of: Clean(155/105)/Muscle Ups
- 10 Rounds of Sprint- 40 Yards; 30 seconds rest
Here’s what I did:
- Warm-up: 5 rounds 5 each leg Weighted Bulgarian Lunges / 10 Slow Abmat Sit-ups
- Warm-up 2: 100 DU = 6:36 (I blame pregnancy!)
- 12/9/6 Cleans & Muscle-ups (Modified) @ 55# = 15:20
- one (1) 40 yard sprint: 6.49 seconds
Seriously, my Double Unders have totally gone the way of the buffalo! Before I was preggie, I could do 15-20 unbroken. Now, I’m lucky if I get 5 or 6!! Have other preggie-crossfitters noticed this?
I only did one sprint. I was proud of my time.
September 1, 2011 – 8.5 Weeks
I woke up not feeling any nausea so I knew I had to take advantage of that, even though I didn’t want to do a running workout.
- 5 min Run Technique/Hip Mobility
- Run 800M; 5 minutes rest
- Run 400M; 3 min rest
- Run 200M; 90 seconds rest
- 21/15/9 RFT of: OHS(95/65)/ Box Jump(24/18″)/ T2B (toes to bar)
800m = 5:23
400m = 1:59
200m = 0:40
I pushed a little harder on each of the runs. They felt good actually.
21-15-9, OHS @ 35#, box jumps @ 12″, knees 2 elbows-ish…
After pushing hard on the runs, I wanted to keep my heart rate reasonable for the rest, so I kept my weight light and my box low. Still got a good workout in.
Feeling mild ’round ligament pain’ on the knees 2 elbows. Nothing concerning yet.