So Ryan posted that link this morning about Dr. Swails, Brooker and Brooker’s wife suing ORU, Richard Roberts and several other key individuals. It’s very interesting… I don’t need to repeat it all here; but FYI, here’s a few links.
- A link to the actual lawsuit.
- This blog from a person called Iyov is quite comprehensive.
- This blog, called Batesline, has lots of details about the previous campaigns. And a recent post here.
- This blog by Roemerman has a copy of the email that Dr. Brooker sent.
- Phil Cooke (an ORU alum) had something to say!
- The news story from KOTV.
- The news story from Fox 23.
- An update from NewsOK.
It seems that these professors love the university and want the best for it. I hope that truth will prevail and that all parties are absolutely held accountable! Thoughts?
R-Update: I must add that none of the new stories I’ve read do justice to the contents of the actual deposition (or whatever you call it – first link above). The things that they are accusing the Roberts & the school of, if proven, will almost certainly sink Richard Roberts’ career, as far as I can tell. I am glad to see the cloak of secrecy and control with which the ORU is managed is finally being compromised.
G-Update: More links to post…
- Another news story from Tulsa World.
- An update today from ORU’s Wednesday Chapel. This one also has ORU’s 2006 and 2005 Federal Tax Reports. When was the last time ORU was audited?
- Also, this ORU grad remembers the dorm renos!
- Richard responded to the lawsuit in what this article calls “his” chapel.
- And finally, this story has a video attached! Apparently, this lawsuit won’t see a jury until two years from now!?
Another G-Update: please DON’T sign this petition. Instead, wait… Ryan and I have an idea.
Here’s the latest news.